Tuesday, April 11, 2017

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE.

When I started my first blog in 2010 (which is now this book) I named it “ A Dollar and a Dream”. It was meant to document my decision to move from Virginia to Atlanta to pursue my dreams of having a career in the arts. At the time I started this blog I thought I knew everything I needed to know about finding happiness. I really had no clue. I thought life was about status, vanity, materialism, how much money you had, etc. I was subconsciously basing my self-worth/my value off of the men who loved me... and how they loved me. I was lost (like a lot of us still are). Lost like I am still sometimes. I was trying to “find myself”.
The world does this cruel thing sometimes and makes you doubt yourself. Especially if you find yourself on the outside of the in crowd or your views are different from your peers or the masses. Subsequently you end up just trying to “fit in” with whatever is popular at the time (because being an outcast is no fun). I credit my dad for raising me to question things and to not just “follow the crowd”. He taught me it was okay to be different and to have an opinion... to have a voice. He also taught me about God and how important it is to have something to believe in.
I have always felt “different” but the truth is I am the same as everyone else. I am a human being. Flawed yet Godly. Who I am now I am so proud of. I have worked so hard at her. It has taken a lot of growing pains and trips through darkness to finally recognize my light and my power. It took strength, it took listening, it took tears, loss, it took learning and it took discipline. I have always been the girl I dreamed I could be...even when I was the young girl afraid to speak her truth. We are all already who we dream we can be.
I tend to stay quiet in times when I know I should be speaking out. I have always had trouble articulating my thoughts in a way that others can understand logically. This book gives me an outlet...gives my thoughts an outlet. I hope for Collectible Matter to have 2nd editions

and third editions and become my life’s work. The consciousness journey never ends.
To all the light workers, writers, contributors to my journey, thank you. Thank you! I do not believe in coincidences. The knowledge and readings and writings and people and places that have been placed in my life specifically have been my life coaches over the years. Pay attention to who, where and what makes you THINK. From every book on a random coffee table that I picked up to every conversation at a bar with a stranger that changed the direction of my life and helped me evolve spiritually and mentally and emotionally and physically were all manifested. I hope to have the same effect on people when they read this book. I hope you find knowledge that helps you evolve and pay it forward.
Lastly, I am forever grateful to have such a unique and beautiful soul to call my mom. You are my soul mate. Together we will help save the world. You are my favorite light worker. Mommy, your unwavering belief in me and your support gives me all the strength I need in this crazy world. I love you. Thank you for simply understanding me and my crazy, beautiful mind. Thank YOU all for supporting this book. Peace on earth.

Maryam Zahra 

BOOK AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE WWW.LULU.COM/SPOTLIGHT/CHESAPEAKEAVENUE

No comments:

Post a Comment