Saturday, May 22, 2010

Creative Rainbows and the Gold they Lead You to (My first music video)


"I made love to the camera and fell in love behind the scenes" February 9th, 2010

I recently wrote, created, directed, and starred in a music video I dedicated to one of my favorite artist, Trey Songz. I've always had a fascination with film; music videos in particular. So a few months back an idea came to mind that I should just shoot one for the hell of it. I wasn't looking to gain anything from it. I just wantd to do it. Beyonce hasn't been calling me lately to direct any of her work. :) Side note: Her new track...."Why don't you love me" .....oh boy....she killed it in the video. The track was good (written by Solange'), but that video was out of control. Definitely looked like my aesthetic. Link to the Beyonce Video -->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKqIgqJEH-o&a=cgH27zLJcM8&playnext_from=ML
So anyway I digress. Back to my music video. I shot the video to a track off of Trey Songz latest album "Ready" (5stars) The right song can literally move my soul and evoke a rainbow of emotions for me. Music is powerful, music is inspiring, and music has a huge influence in my life. I'm constantly adopting tracks to add to the soundtrack of my own life. "Yo Side of the Bed" is one of those tracks. Trey's artistry speaks volume to me and his story is a living testament for everything I believe in about dreams and ambition. The gift of being able to express emotion or tell a story through a song is a such an amazing talent to have, it is definitely not a gift God blessed me with. :) I am simply a music lover is all. I hope this project was a first of many for me, I really fell in love with writing treatments, picking wardrobe, acting. It all felt very natural. Through this project and through music and film I have learned all about who I am. I surprised myself with the outcome. But what I think is the most fascinating part of this whole ordeal is, I dare to say, I found my passion??? And the feeling I got inside when working on this project validates that. I mean .... orgasmic. Lately, I've been in constant search of finding a career that, #1 I love, and allows me to be in touch with all my emotions, where I can showcase my creativity, and ties in with my love of music. Well I have found that career. I'm head over heels in love with film, art, and acting. My video started from a dollar a dream, and turned into reality. Although it was a low budget project, you can't put a price on the love, time, and effort that I put into it. And well, discovering my passion, you cant put a price on that at all. Thank you Issa for all your help with the editing.

~ One can enjoy a rainbow without necessarily forgetting the forces that made it ~


**My lil ol' video has recieved over 45,000 views on youtube since I posted it in March and has received great reviews on both youtube and facebook I hope you guys enjoy it. Link to Trey's Side of the Bed -->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zMMHrcO478

Atlantic Records has since released the Official Trailer to the Official Video for "Yo Side of the Bed" on http://www.treysongz.com/

Keep Dreaming,
Maryam

1 comment:

  1. Yea gurl..when I show ppl my blog and I show them your video version of the Trey Songz joint...they are like, "OMG who is that! Sexy and classy." I tell them yea that's my homegirl "M" she's doing her thing! We gon make it gurl cuz we have PASSION! #bornready!

    ReplyDelete