Sunday, May 23, 2010

VA to GA


"Maryland is my birthplace, where I was raised...Virginia is home, where I grew up...Georgia is my future, where MD ad VA get to shine."


13 days huh? I'll miss the DMV. Missing my friends and family is a given. They look at me with honesty and truth. I speak, they visualize..... they see what I see. That's priceless. It's been a journey out here in VA. Arrived in 2003, Hampton University, wanting to become a nurse.... because nursing is a guaranteed career and paycheck after college.*sad face* Needless to say you can miss me with all that. 7 years later, Virginia, has done its part in guiding me to my future, and I've enjoyed the ride thus far. But as seasons change, so do you. It's time to move on.

Introducing: The Completed VA Bucket List, lol:

My HBCU Experience. My friends. (Aww, my dear friends I love you so much) A fabulous guy. Mornings at Tommy's restaurant in Hampton. (Where the cool people eat breakfast) Merging with these bastards on 64 & 264, (MERGE....it does not mean stop) Tanning at Buckroe beach. Thursdays at the pier in Ocean View. Walking in to Jillian's (and sitting at my desk), The office banter!! Cheap Rent (I mean really cheap rent). Being able to drive back home to Maryland (because I don't enjoy flying). Tailgaiting at the Skins game. My photographers and videographers. (Pro bono geniouses, thanks for everything) My favorite makeup artist Nicole, (your coming with me) and the whole MacArthur Nordstrom M.A.C counter,(Muahh!!). Catch 31 on the beach (and walking on the beach after dinner). A few exes I care not to mention,(you know who you are) Breakfast at Charlie's with Nyima,(Norfolk Flow..2 veggie patties and a english muffin, mamosas on the patio) Wa-Wa & 7-11 nights....(they do have wa-wa in ATL right?) Late nights at Bardo on 21st (Ghent)..Lamb Chop Lollipops & lettuce wraps. Glasses of Pinot at Sonoma in Town Center. Thrift store shopping on Little Creek. (favorite past time) Hour long self inflicted traffic jams because residents are scared to drive in tunnels. (:wink:) My apartment'(s) (my little bachelorette pads)..... Long talks at the spot. I Learned. Loved. Grew.

See you soon Atlanta... Stay Classy Virginia...


Keep Dreaming,

Maryam Zee





No comments:

Post a Comment